1 month ago
Boston Benefits Permanent
Job Reference: BIO_1620404223
Senior Biostatistician - Boston - Global Statistics Team
New Boston based team
Senior/ Principal level
Our client, a global biopharmaceutical leader, is excited to be offering a new position to a highly-skilled Senior Biostatistician to build their capabilities in Boston. This company transforms the lives of people living with severe diseases, particularly in the areas of the central nervous system and immunology, and have 8000 employees worldwide.
As a Senior Biostatistician you will be the first leader of the Predictive Analytics function for the site in Boston - so you will be given the opportunity to build a team around you as the role develops.
You will be driving statistical input in one or more individual clinical studies within a clinical program or across multiple clinical programs. Performing exploratory statistical analysis to gain novel insight that can be used to help inform the development of existing or new compounds. The role will require the Senior Biostatistician to work effectively with other cross-functional teams within and outside the global statistics department. This will be completed in addition to:
* Leading one or more biomarker, omics or big data projects, offering expert statistical input across all stages of analysis, from feasibility and optimal study design to dissemination of results.
* Providing novel statistical methods using Machine Learning and AI
* Implementing and applying Statistical methodology within a clinical development setting
* Effectively contributing within cross-functional or multi-disciplinary groups
* Staying current with ongoing developments in statistical methods applications in the pharmaceutical industry.
* Communicating complex issues in nontechnical language by using visuals, simulations and other illustrative techniques.
* Seeking opportunity to represent the company by active participation in external professional/technical forum and defend statistical strategies in front of regulatory authorities when required.
* Contributing and reviewing abstracts, posters, presentations and manuscripts for publication and ensures accuracy of all biostatistical aspects of such documents
* PhD within a Statistical or Computational field
* Experience in Machine Learning/ AI and applying Big Data methodology
* Have strong proficiency using common data programming languages, such as using R and Python
* Experience in data visualisation (RShiny)
1 week ago
New York 80K - 95K Permanent
1 week ago
Boston generous bonus and stock options Permanent