1 week ago
Boston Benefits Permanent
Job Reference: AUTO_1626772298
Senior Automation Engineer - Boston, Massachusetts
Laboratory Automation - LIMS - Liquid Handling - Robotics - High Throughput
We are excited to be on the lookout for a talented Senior Automation Engineer for a fast-growing biotechnology company based in the Boston area. Having recently secured Series B Funding, the company is focused on expanding their state-of-the-art automation capabilities.
The company are working on exciting projects exploiting the unique ability of fungi to produce powerful drugs optimised through billions of years of evolution, with the overall mission towards discovering and deploying new molecules for the treatment of intractable human diseases via novel biological mechanisms.
The candidate will collaborate with teams such as Microbiology, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), Biochemistry and Data Science to design, implement and support high impact automated workflows. We are looking for someone who is hands-on, passionate and with a strong willingness to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment.
* Work closely with scientists to develop and improve automated workflow utilizing various laboratory automation equipment with the key focus of increasing throughput, improving data quality, reducing costs and removing any operational bottlenecks.
* Program, optimize, validate, and implement new improved methods on robotic liquid handling workstations and integrated laboratory automation systems and work cell.
* Design, implement and lead integration projects to enable growth at scale
* Explore, design and prototype customized solutions and/or gadgets to meet automation needs.
* Work with Informatics and IT to establish and/or improve the current LIMS and data analysis infrastructure. Develop customized scripts to enable lab connectivity and/or data analysis.
* Collaborate with third-party vendors to evaluate, negotiate and implement new automation solutions
* Batchelor's Degree with 4+ years of experience or a Masters with 2+ years of working experience in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering or a similar discipline
* Experience using laboratory automation systems and experimental workflow development, utilizing robotic liquid handlers (Hamilton, Labcyte Echo, Agilent Bravo, Tecan, Dynamic Devices) and associated integrated accessories (Precise Arm, automated Incubators, plate washer and bulk dispensers, plates sealer/peelers etc...)
* Strong electrical and mechanical background to be able to assemble and troubleshoot automated system as needed would be beneficial
* Developing, optimizing and implementing integrated robotic systems for use in a high throughput drug discovery environment would also be beneficial
* Independent, service-oriented, willingness to learn and take on new challenges, and a strong passion to work in a dynamic team environment to improve patient outcomes and save lives
Keywords: Automation Engineer, Laboratory Automation, LIMS, High Throughput, Biological Engineering, Integration, Genomics, Robotics, NGS, Biochemistry, Liquid Handlers