Senior Scientist, Computational Biology (Immunology) Computational Biology, Immunology, NGS, Single Cell, GWAS, Biomarker, Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning Full-time, Remote or Office-based (East Coast, US)
We are excited to be partnered with a global pharmaceutical company that are currently expanding their Computational Biology capabilities on the East Coast. As part of this growth, a new position has been created for a Senior Scientist to support the growth of the department and work within a talented global team of Computational Biologists.
This position will allow the candidate to focus on projects in Immunology, bringing together scientific questions with bioinformatic capabilities both internally and externally to expand understanding of disease biology and bring novel therapies to patients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the bioinformatics-specific components of the therapy area (TA) strategy, work with the TA leadership to understand the gaps and needs in new therapeutic concepts and support the strategic use of bioinformatics and translational data to advance TA priorities
- Ensure all portfolio projects have defined and prioritized bioinformatics activities
- Represents bioinformatics needs and priorities of the TA to the global computational biology organization to ensure proper resources and capabilities
- Perform high quality bioinformatics analysis in areas of own expertise, deliver results to TA project teams that addresses the gaps and impact team decisions, and contribute to other project teams where the expertise is appropriate and in need.
- Ensure with all applicable data protection and security requirements for research and clinical data. Ensure all data, results, and code meet organizational requirements for quality.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a PhD in a related scientific field with a postdoc in bioinformatics
- Alternatively, an BSc or MSc from an accredited institution with equivalent work experience
- Two or more years’ relevant experience in drug discovery or a biomedical research environment after completing a doctoral degree
- Scientific and bioinformatics expertise within the therapeutic area of immunology - knowledge of current key data sets, the therapeutic landscape, and demographic / epidemiological considerations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools and methods and expertise in at least two (GSEA, GeneGO, CBDD, Cytoscape, Reactome, GWAS, eQTL, text mining and machine learning)
- Proficiency using R, Shiny and Bioconductor packages, as well as Python
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
Keywords: Computational Biology, Immunology, NGS, Single Cell, GWAS, Biomarker, Bioinformatics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
We are excited to hear from you if you feel you fit the profile. Please don’t hesitate to contact Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!