Principal Scientist – CompBio, Immuno-Oncology
East Coast / Remote, Drug Discovery, GWAS, Human Genetics, Cancer Immunology, Proteomics, Genomics
We are supporting a global pharmaceutical organisation on their significant growth in Immuno-Oncology and Computational Biology. We are hoping to strengthen this partnership by bringing a new, experienced Scientist to establish scientific/technology strategic priorities and lead the implementation of state-of-the-art capabilities across the function.
This position will suit a candidate with a mix of biology and computational biology expertise with a keen interest in target discovery and identification. This role will involve doing complex data analysis, working on a global level with the European teams. The company can offer unique access to bespoke datasets and biobank data.
You will contribute to the overall computational drug discovery research strategy for Immuno-Oncology, and the discovery of First-in-Class or Breakthrough drugs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and apply computational algorithms and workflow to generate therapeutic evidence and insights in the context of Cancer Immunology and Immune Modulation.
- Generating new therapeutic concept and biomarker studies using multi-omics data such as cancer immunogenomics, proteogenomic, and immune repertoire data.
- Working closely with cross-functional therapeutic areas scientists to develop novel insight using in silico approaches to harness the immense power of the immune system.
- Demonstrate a high level of AAI capabilities by taking the initiative without waiting for direction, working with a sense of urgency to discover breakthrough medicines that will improve patients’ lives, sharing ideas beyond own team, and challenging the status quo.
Senior Scientist Requirements:
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in genomic, biological, statistical, computational, or other quantitative science.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience in drug discovery or biomedical research environment after completing a doctoral degree, with at least two (2) years’ experience in drug discovery.
- Experience with high-throughput genomic technologies including bulk and single cell RNA-seq, WES, Ribo-seq, or CLIP-seq data processing and downstream analysis workflow design.
- Experience in identify pathological events relevant to somatic, germline, immunogenicity, and neoantigen at DNA, RNA, epigenetic, and proteomic levels.
- Understand and apply state-of-the-art data science best practices for high-dimensional multi-scale data. Experience in developing statistical, machine learning, or deep learning analytic solutions such as image processing or AI-powered genomics is a plus.
- Proficient in shell scripting, CWL, Nextflow, Python and R. Experience in developing modern web app, database or software application or packages is a plus.
We are excited to hear from you if you feel you fit the profile. Please don’t hesitate to contact Jade at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Keywords: Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Immuno-Oncology, GWAS, Genetics, Proteomics, Target Discovery, East Coast, Boston, New York