Principal Computational Biologist – NASH
East Coast US / Remote work
Pharmaceutical, Bioinformatics, Drug Discovery, Target Identification, Immunologists, Pathologists
A global pharmaceutical company is currently growing its Computational Biology capabilities on the East Coast and we are excited to begin speaking to experienced scientists with experience on NASH / NAFLD projects. This is a huge area of focus currently and will contribute to the overall vision and growth plan of this department.
In partnership with the department, you will direct the implementation of data-driven solutions for target identification and target-driven research. You will share your deep disease knowledge while engaging with biologists regularly, also immunologists, and pathologists (working specifically in NASH/NAFLD).
As a Senior / Principal Computational Biologist you will lead complex data analysis from multiple omics domains or genetics and apply ML/Deep Learning approaches to push boundaries in your projects. Results will often be presented to stakeholders, the TA and Computational Biology leadership teams. Responsibilities:
- Partners with disease area leadership to identify the gaps in new therapeutic concepts and biomarkers, and drives the strategic use of bioinformatics and translational data
- Represents bioinformatics needs and priorities of the team and communicates/translates strategy into the Computational Biology (CB) organization to ensure proper resourcing and capabilities
- Performs high-quality bioinformatics analysis, delivers results to project teams to impact team decisions
- Ensures all applicable data protection and security requirements for research and clinical data are met
- Plans, structures, and prioritizes bioinformatics activities with experts in the US and at other sites, as well as with collaborators and contractors
- Supervision and team leadership as this area continues to grow rapidly for the global organization
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, or a similar discipline
- Five or more years of relevant experience in drug discovery or biomedical research environment
- NASH / NAFLD specific biology expertise, as well as drug discovery knowledge desired
- Strong quantitative focus and excellent programming skills. Proficiency using R, Shiny and Bioconductor packages, as well as Python with a solid background in statistics and experimental design
- Proven track record of designing, leading, and managing complex computational research projects
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning is a plus
- Previous experience in leading projects in disease domain relevant indications is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Highly motivated team player with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
As a member of the team, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of products to patients. This company allows the opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, and progress within a healthy working environment. Meaningful work, diversity and work-life balance, and all-important factors and employees are rewarded with a fantastic compensation and benefits plan.
Please contact Jade for more information, or apply to this advert and send along your CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Keywords: Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Immunology, Translational Bioinformatics, United States, Pharmaceutical Company, East Coast