Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics Engineer – Remote Computational Biology, Data Management, Data Integration, Data Wrangling, Drug Discovery, Cloud, AWS Full-time, Remote or Office-based (East Coast, US)
We are excited to be partnered with a global pharmaceutical company that is currently expanding its Computational Biology capabilities on the East Coast of the United States. As part of this growth, a new position has been created for a Senior Scientist / Data Architect to support the growth of the department and work within a talented global team of Computational Biologists.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform data analysis tasks on a variety of projects that include analysis, integration, and interpretation of transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, immunoassay, and other experimental data.
- Provide a version controlled/reproducible code base for analysis pipelines & software development.
- Work in matrix team structure to identify and problem solve with other computational biology members and therapeutic area scientists to understand data processing challenges and provide custom solutions for pathway analyses, metabolomics, genomic, and proteomic data to expedite biomarker and drug discovery projects.
- Troubleshoot and build upon existing data pipeline processes.
- Supports and adhere to an IU-wide data management and governance strategy to ensure long-term value of data assets, according to FAIR principles.
- Support implementation of an IU-wide data foundation (infrastructure & content) together with IT teams and business subject matter experts / data stewards
- PhD in biology, chemistry, pharmacy, bioinformatics, information science or a related field with experience in data management and analysis, or MS or BS in these fields with 5- or 10-years post-degree experience in computational biology.
- In-depth understanding of data domains that are relevant for pre-clinical and clinical drug discovery and development.
- Experience with multiple -omics data processing techniques.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, C).
- Basic understanding of further data domains such as Real-world evidence.
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure concepts like data lake, graph data bases, cloud storage & computing.
- Basic understanding of data integration and management concepts such as semantic data integration, ontology management, FAIR principles.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
As a member of the team you will actively contribute to the discovery, development, and delivery of products to patients. This company allows the opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally and progress within a healthy working environment. Meaningful work, diversity and work-life balance, and all-important factors and employees are rewarded with a fantastic compensation and benefits plan.
Please contact Jade for more information, or apply to this advert and send along your CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Keywords: Data Management, Data Integration, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, United States, Pharmaceutical Company, East Coast